Like us?

Thursday, March 1, 2007

Nate's Beer #13

Last night for my beer to end this first month, I decided to drink a Kona Pipeline Porter. I looked for a picture to add to this post and couldn't seem to find one but I did find Kona's webpage where they describe this beer like this. "Pipeline Porter is smooth and dark with a distinctive roasty aroma and earthy complexity from its diverse blends of premium malted barley. This celebration of malt unites with freshly roasted 100% Kona coffee grown at Cornwell Estate on Hawaii’s Big Island, lending a unique roasted aroma and flavor. A delicate blend of hops rounds out this palate-pleasing brew."
Now you may be thinking to yourself that any beer brewed with coffee wouldn't be very good. But you'd be surprised at how easy this stuff goes down. I actually first tried it a couple of months ago thanks to my good friends Reggie and Margaux. And I think I'll probably try it again in the near future. It is a limited release so if it sounds good to you, you should probably check it out sooner than later.

1 comment:

Emily:) said...

You know, I'm not that surprised that the Kona beer was swell. There's a beer here at Otto's Pub called the Sumatra Stout and it's a coffee beer. But as a coffee junkie myself, I love the fact that I can get the best of both worlds. Is it beer, is it coffee? There's no need to decide:)