Like us?

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

WARNING!

DO NOT DRINK WESTCOTT BAY ORCHARDS VINTAGE CIDER. I REPEAT, DO NOT DRINK WESTCOTT BAY ORCHARDS VINTAGE CIDER!

So, I get home from work tonight. I have the house to myself. I'm looking forward to sitting down and writing a quick entry about my last couple of beers before plopping down in front of Craig Royale. My fridge is abundant with bottled libations from which I select the only cider I've had since begining this endeavor.
.
I take a sip. Sour, winey, flat. Maybe it's supposed to taste like that. I take another sip, this time straining my taste buds for any redeeming qualities. Scanning. Scanning.

Nope. None. Not a single enjoyable aspect to this putrid swill. Even the label disgusts me - pure groovy, hippy drivel. What is that? An eagle flying into the sunset drawn up in pastels? Jesus. That was $6 I didn't mind pouring down the drain. Don't say you haven't been warned. Unfuckingpotable.

I wish I could go back in time to Monday night when I had a delight bottle of MacTarnahan's Amber Ale. She was delightful. Refreshing, satisfying. Nothing quirky about her, just a good drinkable beer. This brewery also made (but sadly retired) Bourbon Cask Aged Blackwatch Cream Porter. Trout are you taking note? I wonder if Hales got MacTarnahan's retired bourbon barrels?

As you know from Dicko, Tuesday's beer was a refreshing and serviceable Shiner Bock. The kind of beer that makes you want to have another and another and another...

So, as I sit here recovering from the the devil's urine I tasted just moments ago, I am finding comfort in a Golden Pheasant. I like it. I haven't tasted Grolsch in years but it reminds of that for some reason. Grolsch and pot stems. The Golden Pheasant has a definite cannabis quality. Right on.

Oh wait, as it warms, it doesn't taste nearly as good. Oh well, I guess tonight's just not my night.


Now, where'd I put my pipe?

3 comments:

Dicko said...

I don't know how to tell you this Goat, but since you dumped the rest of the beer down the drain, it doesn't count. Either you have to drink another one, or you have to pick a make-up beer. That's the breaks kid.

Glam said...

I didn't mean to imply that I was counting the putrid bottle of ass pee. I most certainly was not.

Gus said...

I would have pinched my nose and finished it. Of course I've also had the better part of a pallet of cases of busch light in my day, so one more un-tasty beer isn't about to stop my quest to have every beer available...

then again, if its as bad as you say I might have just recorked it and saved it for willie...