Like us?

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Easy Girls, Salty Nuts, and Creepy Babies

My after work Friday beer of choice was the Red Menace Big Amber Ale from Hale's, making it the second Hale's brew of my 365. I don't typically get particularly excited about any ambers and this one was no different, but it's a good beer despite my lack of enthusiasm for the genre.

On Saturday I had dinner with some friends at their house and sampled my friend's latest homebrew. Usually he makes some pretty good beers, but he warned me that this one wasn't up to his usual standards. He was right. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't particularly great either, with a heavy malt flavor and needing more hops for balance. That the price you pay for experimenting.

Later on in the night, I met up with another buddy and did a little bar hopping. Since I had it after midnight, I'm counting the Miller Lite I drank as my Sunday beer. Along the way, we found some interesting things to snap crappy, low-light camera phone photos of.



2 comments:

Gus said...

Golly! That's a creepy baby.

n8 b said...

that's a great idea.... I've never charged a thing for my salty nuts...