Like us?

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Planning

An email chain just took me to a great high, then to a great low.

The Oregon Brewers Festival (i.e. Portland brewfest) is the best weekend of the year, each year. And it's time to start planning it now. I will have no better chance to hit 730 than hitting up some brewfests, and with something like 50-100 different beers and breweries at last year's brewfest, this year is the place. Last year the guys from Broken Lizard were there Sunday promoting Beer Fest, but we didn't get there to see them as we were still recovering from Saturday. Get your calenders out.





And on a sad note, I just checked my schedule and realized I will be in Yakima coaching at a weekend long volleyball tournament during the St. Patrick's Day weekend. The tournament is normally in February, and it didn't occur to me until right now that I will miss my normal Longview and Portland St. Patrick's Day partying with Nate and the guys. Crap. Double Crap.





Also, the Blazers play the Sonics Saturday April 14th, and I would like to get a group of tickets if anyone is interested in coming to Portland and meeting at the game. Let me know who wants to go and we can plan this over the blog the next week or so.


As for beers, 3/5 was a fun day of a really, really good glass of wine, then a Full Sail Pale, a Full Sail Amber, then a Red stripe, although that is already off the list.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's the shiny deal: Volunteer for a funfour hour shift at the OBF, you get a shiny t-shirt, a free mug, and a buttload of free tokens. Last year I got about $30. Which is a goodly amount of my afternoon drinkin'.

Gus said...

I want to do that. Anyone else want to volunteer to work so we can get some free drinking?

Gus said...

And if we don't do an early shift, I just read this.
"Each day, closing shift volunteers can stay for post shift beer."

Maybe we could volunteer Thursday night, then drink friday-sunday.

n8 b said...

I may be interested in that. I'd just have to get that Friday off so I can drink heavily that weekend...