Like us?

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Local Drinking Spot Gone Dry! (or has it?)

The Goat, Trout and I stopped by the old reliable Jules Mae after work yesterday. After finishing off my Rainier bottle I went back up to the bar and looked at the selection that I hadn't counted for 365. Let's see.... Budweiser, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Manny's....Hmmm, don't want to drink any of those, I may need them in a pinch. I explained to the bartender the dilema and w/o skipping a beat she looked around, checked if it was clear and said, "I'm not suppose to do this, but I think we can get away with it." She opened up the cooler door and pulled out a beer I've never had before....ever. She told me that they have a regular customer that is friends of the bar owners, but doesn't like the beer so they keep a stash just for him. She sold my very first bottle of Bitburger for $3. Can't beat that...the topper was that I liked it. I thought it was very similar to Heineken in flavor and went down smooth. I'm calling number three of the beers I've had so far just behind Rainier and PBR....Bitburger, you're in fine company my friend, fine company. (Do to the specialness of this beer, I will be bumping the Hard Core Cider from my Monday Beer Spot and monving Bitburger in....Hard Core and Rainier will be Tuesday and Wednesday respectively.

2 comments:

n8 b said...

I'm gonna have to find me one of those. What an outstanding find. Nice job Dicko!

Gus said...

I just looked it up, and I recognize the label. I think Freddy's has this and one other of these imports, the erdinger