Like us?

Monday, March 5, 2007

Week #2


So I have kinda been slacking on the beer blog and for this I apologize. I had figured that posting once a week would be easy and it probably would be if I was sticking to the one beer a day rule, but I am not. Unfortunately, I am shooting for 500 beers in a year and I have taken to the task with serious dedication. During week 2 I have logged beers 19-42 and I'm now well into week 3 I still haven't posted. At this point I don't even know where to begin because there have been so many beers that I can't remember them all.
The first of the week was the last of the Fire Station 5 six pack, a Heff(19). It was a decent wheat beer but kinda forgettable. Number 20 was a Lagunitas Censord Copper Ale(20). The ABV isn't listed but if the rest of the lineup is any indication it is strong. Just a few of these and I was good.
The following beer was a home brew form my buddy Blair, and was called Em's Blond(21). One of the best home brews that I have had. It was still fairly young when I sampled it, but was good none the less.
As for the rest of the beers I have decided to just list them, and if anybody wants to hear more just post a question and I will do my best to remember any details. (23) Lost Coast Brewing Indica, (24)Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, (25) Red Stripe Jamaican Lager, (26) Rogue Dead Guy Ale, (27) Lost Coast Brewing Great White, (28) Anchor Brewers Steam Beer, (29) Klamath Basin 8 Second Ale, (30) Hair of the Dog's trio Adam, (31) Rose, (32) Fred and a (33) Siletz Spruce Ale. Now I am going to comment on this beer because it was one of the worst beers I have ever had. It tasted something like a Mirror Pond with a shot of gin mixed in. After drinking only 12 oz. of this beer I felt like I would puke. Not being one to pass judgment to quickly I corked it and went to bed. When I came home from work the next day I figured that I would give it a second chance and uncorked it. The second day was just as bad. I strongly suggest staying away from this beer.
Back to the list (34)Elk Rock Brewing Velvet Amber Ale, (35) Siletz, Oatmeal Cream Stout. I bought this beer at the same time as the Spruce and didn't want it to go to waste so I tried it. I have to say that it wasn't the best Oatmeal Stout that I have ever had, but not the worst either. Maybe the Siletz brewery has some redeeming beers, but it will be a while before I buy another deuce-deuce from them. (36) Widmer Amber '07, (38) New Belgium Fat Tire, (39) Long Pock(<- I think) LSD Strong Draft, (40) Roots Red Ale, (41) Pelican Brewing Co. IPA and lastly (42) Kirin Ichiban, which is always a good choice. Week #3 coming soon.......

No comments: