Like us?

Monday, March 5, 2007

Wenatchee has apples


So this weekend I rented a house on Lake Entiat for my wife's bday. Down the road from the house there is a place called Cider Works and they have a 5 beer gift pack of cider beers so I thought I would pick it up and cover Thursday- Mon in one shot. Started off with the Cider Jack which is pretty good, not too surgary. Second and third beers from Woodchuck draft ciders, Granny Smith and the Amber, sugar levels are rising, especially the Granny Smith. The 4th beer in the pack was Wyder's Draft Cider which was probably the best of the bunch, but by this point who knows... To finish off my over priced gift box of particularly puckering pilsners was the Hard Core Apple Cider which pretty much blasted me off on a hyper trip to candyland. I went with gin for the rest of the trip...

1 comment:

Gus said...

I think when I do ciders and some of these other "malt beverages" that they will all be from mix-n-match packs and will be consumed quickly over one weekend as well. Man that sugary stuff eats you up.