Like us?

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Nate's Beer #26



So after work last night I stopped by my friends the Williamson's house and enjoyed a Blue Moon belgium ale. But I decided that I'm not going to count that for number 26 because I most likely will be drinking a couple more of these before this year is over. After drinking some beer and enjoying some pizza with Reggie and Margaux (thanks guys!) I decided to head over to the Guttormsens and watch Borat with them.

Erik had picked up a growler of Tatonka Stout at BJ's in Portland after the last Blazer game. I informed him that I had never been to BJ's and he decided he would share it with me. I was checking out BJ's website this morning and they described Tatonka as "An Imperial Stout – a classic style so rich and flavorful that it was once the private beverage of Russian Czars. The profile is malty sweet, hop bitter roasted, full-bodied, alcoholic, and deliciously complex. Beer doesn’t get much more intense than this!" And they are right. It was a very dark "intense" beer. I don't think I could drink it on a regular basis but every once in a while if I was wanting a dark beer, I could see myself grabbing a Tatonka....

1 comment:

Gus said...

not sure what number this was for me, but its checked off my list too. hopefully some pictures to follow.