Like us?

Friday, March 9, 2007

Where the Eff Has Glam Been?

Well, I'll tell ya. Sometimes a person just falls off the the social registry. You know what I mean?

So, anyways. Here's what I've been up to since my last post.

Wednesday: Mac and Jack's at Christos' on Alki. Followed by ouzo with Christos himself and a little retsina just for fun. Petros and Christos assure me there will be some Greek beer there by next week.

Thursday: Tona beer from Nicaragua. Um...totally unremarkable.
.
Friday: Ooh...this was sooooo good. Perseus Porter from Elysian Brewery. I'd had this once before about six months ago and it was even better today than I remembered it. Very dark, like a stout, but light on the pallet. I never tasted anything so good with a hamburger in my whole life.
.
Later Trout convinced me to join him at the newest spot in Georgetown. I think we may have drunk dialed Gus but I'll put the entire responsibility of that on A-Trout. The new bar didn't suck but I don't know what they had in their gin bottle. I had FOUR gin and tonics and walked out on my own volition. In fact, I'm remarkably clear headed and ready to roll back out into the glory of Friday night.
.
Catch up with you tomorrow.

2 comments:

n8 b said...

I'll have to try that Perseus Porter. The sell Elysian Brews at just about every mini-mart in Portland. I really enjoyed the Immortal IPA so I'm sure I'd like that one.

AlpineTrout said...

As far as Latin-American beers go, Toña is a gem. I bought a 6-pack of it at the grocery store awhile back and an older woman behind me in line got totally excited when she saw it. She was originally from Nicaragua (but didn't look Nicaraguan at all) and said she hadn't seen Toña since leaving the country.