Like us?

Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm back...and behind dangit

Thursday I was treated to a couple of Henry's Hefeweizen by Shaun while watching some NCAA replays and the end of a few games after practice. I'm not sure which one I like least, Henry's or Pyramid, but the only thing that both these Hefe's have going for them is that they have alcohol in them. They suck. The brewers make good other beers, but their Hefe's suck.

We were coaching all weekend, which seriously hampered my beer drinking efforts, but our team did well and took 2nd in the 2nd division of the power bracket at the Yakima Jamboree. Basically we lost a few close ones, but went 5-3 and won tshirts, so we were happy.

As for beers, Friday I finally enjoyed a Sam Adams Black Lager I took with me (and a few Red Hook ESBs in the hotel lounge), Saturday had some Green Beer (yes I'm counting it) but unfortunately no guinness cause I just got too tired to drink the ones I brought with me as we had to get up again before 7:00 and then coach all day, and Sunday I had a Michelob Amberbock at a great pizza place just past white pass on the way back from yakima, and then a Mac's Blackwatch Porter when I got home before I fell asleep exhausted. So I am behind a few beers of my two-a-day schedule, but planning on doing some catching up this week before another tournament this weekend.

Also, I am making plans for the springbeerfest April 6th and 7th, and hope you guys are too.

No comments: