Like us?

Friday, March 9, 2007

Nate's Beer #21

Last night I went and had some great sushi with my friends Margaux, Reggie and Laura at a place called Fuji Teriyaki in Longview. Actually Laura had teriyaki chicken and Reggie ordered some spicy mussels but Margaux and I ate sushi. We split a Hawaiian roll, a Hot Night roll (sooooo good) and an Alaskan roll along with a couple of pieces of tuna. I love sushi and haven't had it in probably a month and a half so I thought it was great. I haven't checked out any of the sushi places in Portland yet, but I'm sure I will soon.
Along with my sushi I had a big bottle of Kirin Ichiban. It was just as delicious as I remembered. I first discovered this beer a couple of years ago when Gus had some at his house. He got it from a friend who used to pick it up somewhere in Chinatown in Portland. It is a very easy drinking beer that goes great with just about any Asian cuisine. If you have the means I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Gus said...

I don't like sushi, but I love Kirin. I even got a cool Kirin bottle opener that is the envy of all my friends. You place it top of the beer, slam it down, and off pops the cap. Best opener ever.