Like us?

Friday, March 16, 2007

Nate's Beer #28

I feel so sorry for the guys at Cascade Lakes Brewing. On their website they say "Rooster Tail Ale is the flagship beer of Cascade Lakes Brewing Co. First brewed on the system in Redmond in December 1994, this light bodied, golden style ale has become a Central Oregon favorite. A crisp clean finish makes this the perfect beer for all seasons!"
If that's your flagship beer, you should just shut down the brewery. This beer was terrible. I found nothing enjoyable about it at all except for when I was finally finished (just because that meant I didn't have to drink anymore).
I remember at last year's Brewer's Festival drinking some beer that I believed at the time was called Rooster. Well after trying this beer last night, I believe that it's the same as the one at the brew-fest. It was so bad last night that I had to drink two pints of hefeweizen and a big-ass Dead Guy Ale to just wash the taste out of my mouth.
Try to avoid this beer if at all possible.

How's everybody else doing at the one month mark? What were your most enjoyed beers so far and what was your least? I'd have to say that the Rogue Dead Guy was probably my favorite so far, right ahead of the PBR and He'Brew. Rooster Tail is easily the worst of the bunch and I can't really think of anything that was close to as bad.

No comments: