Like us?

Sunday, March 4, 2007

From Poland, With Love - Glam


As I sit in the glow of the monitor I am sipping on tonight's beer - a 500ml bottle of Zywiec. The site's in Polish. I'm sure you all can figure it out. It's real easy. The front page asks if you're 18, to which you will respond "Tak" for yes or "Nie" for no. There's a fun 007-esqe ad for the beer and some big-budget graphics. This must be the Bud of Poland.


The beer itself is Quite good. It's got a pleasant aftertaste I can't quite place. Savory. And the bubbles are really sharp and tiny. Ooh! And the bottle has this really cool feature. It has a "beer thermometer". When the beer's cold enough the Zywiec logo appears on the back of the bottle. Like this:


Oh, and you know what else? This beer would be absolutely delicious with Polish sausage and borst. I never wanted to wrap my lips around a kielbasa so bad in my whole life.

4 comments:

Emily:) said...

mmmm, sausage and borscht:) Makes me miss Eastern Europe.

Gus said...

so dirty, so dirty.

n8 b said...

how cool is the beer thermometer? great find and very nice write up (dirty thoughts...)

Glam said...

Okay, I asked my friend Marek how to pronounce it: zhe-vyets.

He also let me know that the Polish Home (on Capitol Hill) has $1 membership night and eight Polish beers.

I can only dream that they have Kielbasa, too.