Like us?

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Nate's Beer #36

Friday night my good buddies Dateless were playing in Portland. I have known Chris and Le-vy for many years now but haven't had the chance to see them play in a long time. They now live in Seattle and don't play the Portland area very often. So I made it my goal to get drunk. And I succeeded in that goal.
I started the night off with a Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine that I was going to count for my beer of the day. It was pretty tasty and packed quite a punch. I still have one more sitting in my fridge and I'm sure I'll crack that badboy open here in a week or so.
After the Bigfoot I grabbed my 22 of Great White. I've already counted the Great White but I really enjoyed it when I had it so I decided to have another. While I was having my Great White my friends Reggie, Margaux, Laura and Courtney all showed up at my place. We all enjoyed a beer together and made our way to the show.
While we were at the show I had beer # 36 thanks to Dr. Bert. It was New Belgium's spring seasonal, Springboard. I've had this before and I like it, just not as much as Fat Tire, Skinny Dip, 1554 or 2 Below.
Somewhere during the evening Le-Vy bought me a shot of tequila. This is were my night started to go bad. I remember sometime later buying Le-Vy a drink, but I have no idea what it was. I think we may have had more tequila. During these couple of hours I also consumed numerous PBR's and a shot of something else.
I came home from the show and passed out on my couch. When I woke up at 8 in the morning I felt like I had been hit by a very large truck. My head hurt so fucking bad that I downed some aspirin and went back to bed. A couple of hours later I was better but still pretty hung. It finally went away early this morning.
The moral of the story is this: Tequila is evil.

(edit: Dr Bert wanted me to let everybody know that he does in fact have some game and he isn't scared of girls. He was making out with one in the middle of the bar Friday night. It was just as cool as it sounds.)

1 comment:

Gus said...

ED, ED, ED, ED!