Like us?

Friday, February 23, 2007

Week #1

Well the first week of this thing has just flown by and I have logged many beers. That is right many beers. I am not going to put myself through the stress of trying to drink a different beer everyday.... no no no..... I am just going to try to drink as many different beers as I can in a year. On friday I kicked the first week off with a Red Thistle Ale(#1) from Golden Valley Brewery. It was a little dark for a pre-funk beer, but got me off to a good start. After that and a Henry Weinhard's Blue Bore Ale(#2) and headed for McMenamins Kennedy School to meet n8b and gus for n8's birthday party. While I was there the McMenamins Ruby(#3) and the Hammer Head IPA (#4) were the beers of choice and whent down well with my quesadilla. Saturday night I was off to a house party with my friends Jack&Bunny. Jack bought me an Arrogant Bastard Ale(#5) by Stone Brewing Co. which I eagerly accepted and downed to start off the evening. On the way to the party I stopped and picked up some Pike Kilt Lifter(#6) from the Pike Brewing Co. The Kilt Lifter is a good beer and went down a little too easy (sorry if I made an ass out of myself Jess). After Saterday night I had to take a break. The thought of drinking on Sunday almost sent me to the bathroom (another reason that I can't commit to the whole different beer everday thing). Props to n8b for sticking to the plan and toughing it out. As for the rest of the week I enjoyed some good beers and they are as follows: Tannen Bomb Ale (#7) By Golden Valley Brewing Co., Organic Spring Ale (#8) by Butte Creek Brewing, Thunderhead IPA (#9), McTarnahans Amber Ale (#10), Hop Henge Imperial IPA (#11) by Deschutes Brewery, Full Sail Brewing Co. Old Boardhead Barleywine Ale 06' (#12 and at 9% ta boot), Optimator (#13) and I think that it is by Spaten in Munich, and Golden Brigade Blonde (#14) Bunker Gear Winter Ale (#15) Fire Boat Amber (#16) Pike Ploe Porter (#17) Steam Pumper IPA (#18) all from Fire Station 5 Brewing Co. Tonight I plan on finishing off the last of the Fire Station 5 and going out to find something new and interesting. It is going to be a great year...

1 comment:

n8 b said...

Holy shit that's a lot of beer! Very nice effort on week #1. I think 500 is very attainable.