Like us?

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Nate's Beer #6

Last night was nothing too exciting for me. I didn't have any Belzebuth or anything. I enjoyed a ho-hum Dos Equis Amber Ale last night. Like I said, nothing too exciting.
I did however make a trip to the local Fred Meyer's and grab myself a couple of mixed sixers. I learned a very valuable lesson while I was there. I grabbed a mixed Firehouse 5 and a mixed Deschutes six pack. There are six different beers from each brewer available so I didn't throw in anything more expensive. I was gonna toss in some local microbrew single that goes for $9 a six pack until I noticed the sixth Firehouse 5 beer. My roomie Ed went with me and he grabbed a mixed sixer also. I proceeded to the self check-out while Ed beelined it to the express lane. As I was scanning my beers I had to show my ID to the attending clerk. He checked my ID and then gasped as he noticed my mixed sixers. I explained to him that they were all from the same breweries so it was okay. After double checking my six packs and thinking about the situation, he decided that he should take my beers up to his station and scan them himself, individually. So as I'm waiting for him to finish scanning my 12 different beers, I notice Ed waiting for me at the doorway. I get my beers and walk over to him where he tells me that the lady in the express lane didn't even take a second glance at his beers. Just scanned them up and gave 'em to him. So if you were to throw an expensive micro into a cheaper mixed sixer (not that I would do that) you should make your way to the express lane. You can thank me later (by buying me a beer).
So with those mixed sixers and the beers I had already saved, I should be good for about two weeks. Plus my parents are taking me out to dinner tomorrow night for my belated b-day and I plan on enjoying some microbrew there. And then Saturday night I just may have to go check out the Bagdad theater. I'm thinking I need to cross Hammerhead off of my list. I'm gonna try to drink it all out of the pitcher.

1 comment:

Gus said...

Yeah, after spending $3 or $4 on a big Rouge Dead guy, I am wondering why I didn't just slip a few into a sixer of $4.99 Killians. Dammit.