Like us?

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Beeradvocate.com

This is the best beer site ever.

www.beeradvocate.com

It's free to sign up. Basically, everyone gets together and rates beers. And you get your own personal Beer Mail.

The first Beer Mail you get is the 3rd Annual American Beer Fest, June 15 & 16 in Boston.

Note: I have found the beer I am on a worldwide search for, just like some of you have identified. It is the Whiskey Barrel Bigfoot Barleywine Ale from Sierra Nevada. This Bigfoot is different from the standard as it is barrel fermented in old whiskey barrels. It also carries a ABV of 12.3%, which is a lot higher than the regular Bigfoot of 9.6%. That is stronger than some decent wines I have consumed. I think this beer may get away before I get a taste of it. Apparently, it is only on tap for a limited time at the brewpub in Chico.

No comments: