Like us?

Monday, February 26, 2007

RRR - Beers 5,6,7

It was a lazy weekend for me, which included, among other things, the excuse to try a new beer every day. On Friday night, 5 of my friends and I gathered at the Canadian's place for dinner and a spirited teams' match of Trivial Pursuit. You put 6 doctoral students in a room full of Trivia and you can pretty much smell the blood from a mile away. After 3+ hours of playing, the Canadian and I triumphed, though not without a few piss poor answers along the way. Oh well! Anyhow, that night, my brew o' choice was Hoegaarden, a tasty Belgian wheat beer that is now owned by the brewing company InBev, a Brazilian company that produces the largest amount of beer by volume.

On Saturday night, we headed out to TGIFridays for some grub and I got to have one of my favorite domestics, Blue Moon, brewed by Molson Coors. What I love about Blue Moon is that compared to a lot of Belgian style beers it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to buy in a 6-pack or a case.

This evening, as I write this post in fact, I'm sipping a Warthog Ale, made by the Big Rock Brewery in Alberta, Canada. The Canadian (surprise, surprise) got me into this brew and always brings back a case or two when he goes home. It's a tasty ale, so if you like crisp beers, give this one a try. Now that I think about it, Canada is home to quite a few really tasty brews. I think we should write a post discussing our favorite brews from Canada and maybe include a section in our brewery list for Canadian beers, or foreign beers in general. What do you guys think? Also, can one of you add the Big Rock Brewery to our list btw, as well as InBev? Thanks:)


3 comments:

n8 b said...

That Hoegaarden is one of the worst beers that I've ever drank. It reminded me of a time when I was 18 and we drank a bunch of Miller High Life that was stored in my buddy's shed for a couple of months before we got to it. Terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Gus said...

InBev makes ton of cool beers like Becks and Stella. Nice find Em.

It and Big Rock are on the list.

Emily:) said...

N8, I can't believe you don't like Hoegaarden! it's a wheat beer. You love wheat beer from what I can tell. all I can imagine is that your beer was freakishly skunked. *shrug*