Like us?

Thursday, February 8, 2007

That's a whole lot of Beer

So I was talking to my roomie Ed last night about this whole 365 beer challenge. I was saying how at first I was a little worried about finding enough different beers, but after seeing the selection at the local stores and then Ed telling me about all the different brew pubs like this one, I have no worries whatsoever now. I can't wait for this bad boy to get going next week so I can start listing out all the crazy brews I find in PDX. It's starting to shape up to be a wonderfully drunken year.
Ed was telling me that his only worry is that he wouldn't be able to get a different beer every day and that he was just gonna see how many different beers he could put away in a year. After some discussion on the topic, we decided that 500 would be attainable. It would be a challenge but I think it's possible. Ed said he's game to try. He's planning some different trips to some breweries and plans on taking full advantage of their sampler offerings.
On another note, we need somebody to set up some sort of spreadsheet/chart that we can all use to mark our progress. Hopefully Smooty will come around and use his computer and bo staff skills and get us a little chart action going on. Dicko, try to smack some sense into him.

5 comments:

AlpineTrout said...

Bottleworks in Seattle supposedly has something like 600-700 different beers.

n8 b said...

ROAD TRIP!!!!

Gus said...

shit, smooty makes computers, but he can't use them for shit.

I have a spreadsheet going that I will turn into a checklist, but I need your help. I don't want the other lists that are online and list beers we will never actually get. I want every brewery or single beer that you can list that's in the portland to seattle areas.

Everyone give me 10 breweries or beers, and I will work on the list some more before the 16th to have it ready to email out. I am about at about 4 pages so far and should be able to easily get to 6-8 pages with a little help so I don't have to stand in the fucking store looking at beers and can be at home drinking instead.

Glam said...

Gus, what's your email addy?

glamor dot goat at gmail

Anonymous said...

Screw Bottleworks, get your butt to Belmont Station. They've got 500+ bottles and new ones coming in every week.

I know it's still hard to believe, and you probably haven't been to OBF, but you're in Portland. Welcome to Beervana.