Like us?

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Gus's first beer

My first beer was in fact a pitcher of beer. McMenimans Ruby tastes great in the bottle, but tastes even better when surrounded by ounces of its friends in a pitcher at the McMenimans Kennedy School. A pitcher of that, then a pitcher of Hammerhead, and 365 is off to a nice start.

I am also jealous of your decisions to bring your personal cameras, while my dumbass brought my work camera. I do not have the cable to download the pictures, so my pictures are waiting til Tuesday.

Plus Abby enjoyed teaching in school all day, then drinking in school all night, so hats off to whoever decided to renovate this school into a giant building full of hotel rooms and bars and movie theatres. When I first walked in I felt like I was in a movie where each time you open a door there is crazy shit going on inside. We opened doors in this order:
Honors - tiny little bar
Gym - wedding reception
Detention - tiny cigar bar
Cafeteria - courtyard restaurant
Girl's Bathroom - brewery
Boys and Girl's locker rooms - bathrooms (including showers)
Classrooms - hotel rooms
Large Classroom - Cypress Room Bar
Lecture Hall - Move Theatre and Bar
Kennedy School

Tonight we are hosting a wine tasting, so I am having a few Springboard Ales with Lunch. Thanks New Belgium. They go nicely with the left over McMenimans Meditaranian Pizza.

I have to go finish cleaning. And drinking. then eating and drinking some more.

1 comment:

Alex said...

The Kennedy School is fantastic. I cannot remember how many times I drank there after school. You see, I attended Concordia University, which is just a few blocks from there. We also checked out a couple films there and got piss drunk. I remember watching "The Princess Bride" with a couple buds and a couple chicks and reciting every line... because that's how annoying you can be when you're drunk and everyone thinks its funny. Good times.