Like us?

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Plan for your birthday

I have just under 5 months to plan what beer I will choose to be my 365 birthday beer. And although this quest may be impossible, I have in fact found...a quest. Looking up Arrogant Bastard Ale and finding it's site Stone Brewing I found what might possibly be the coolest thing I have found so far in my online search for beers. (which is saying something because I am continuing to be amazed by the number of beers and amount of beer information available from some of these kick ass breweries. Apparently I should have a beer cellar, because I guess cellars aren't just for wine anymore.)

Stone Brewing out of CA has a beer called Vertical Epic that is being brewed 1 year and 1 month and 1 day from the last year's release, starting back on 02-02-02. For those of you that have known me since forever, you know that I have long held the belief that if I was born one day later on 7-7-77 I would have been bestowed with magical powers. Alas, I was born on 7-6-77 and am cursed with the inability to even fucking whistle.

And now with my 30th birthday coming up this July, I find that a beer will be released on 07-07-07. And the Epic beer line is so successful (and far away in California) that I am most likely not destined to enjoy this beer for my birthday. That and the fact that they recommend you taste the various beers after months or years in storage, mean that my quest for the perfect 365 birthday beer is still mostly likely without a holy grail. But I will find one. And it shall be mine.

edit:Also, nice to see the new member. Here is a calender, but I am all for something easier to use specifically for beer tracking purposes. Google calender

No comments: