Like us?

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Kung Hei Fat Choi!

Now that I'm back home, I present a recap of the last few days of debauchery south of the Columbia River in Portland.
First things first, did anyone else remember that today is Chinese New Year? The Treasure Island Chinese Buffet in Beaverton was the place to find a nice cold green bottle of Tsingtao (Beer #3).

Now back to Friday... While I had hoped to kick off with a few of the Portland teammates since I was on their turf for the weekend, it didn't quite work out. Instead, I got a little impatient and tossed back a bottle of Mad River Brewing Company's Steelhead Double IPA. At a mere 8.6% alcohol, I thought it would be a good choice to ease myself into this next year of drinking. Anyway, one thing led to another, my friends who had been drinking at a strip club all day returned to the house and described how they had literally had "the best day ever", and we decided to go back out on the town.


Saturday morning. Brain broken. Leftover pizza for breakfast and a drive across the river to beautiful Vancouver, WA for the Tattoo & Piercing Convention where I saw what could quite possibly be the best polo shirt ever.


After watching my friend's girlfriend cry for a half hour while getting her lower back tattoed, we decide to leave her in the company of her supportive friends and head down to the Fly Fishing Show at the Convention Center in Portland. Beers at the Portland Fly Fishing Show were $5 for draft as opposed to the $6 bottles at the previous weekend when the show was in Bellevue. Beer #2 - Bridgeport IPA, a longtime member of my Top 10 IPA list.

2 comments:

Peter said...

Unfortunately I remembered, and I also remembered why it's been about ten years since I last drank Tsingtao

Glam said...

Please tell me you're wearing that shirt today.