Like us?

Monday, February 19, 2007

Day Three and Four - Glam

Day Three - Bison Chocolate Stout I was invited to a wine tasting and food pairing event with a bunch of restaurant industry types. Now I don't love wine but I knew the food would be too good to pass up (and it was) so I agreed to come. In fact I brought the port and dessert wine and enough chocolate to satisfy the group three times over.

And I brought the stout, made with cocoa, for myself. Upon opening it my first impulse, after an afternoon of embracing the aroma of the 20 or so wines present, was to put my nose in the pint jar and take a deep sniff. What a mistake.

The foul stench made me rear back from the glass. Something akin to brackish water, stale toilet, or dirty fishtank. The taste was only slightly improved by the addition of a burnt grain flavor. All in all, this beer was an absolute no for me. (The chocolate, on the other hand was quite devine.)

Day Four - Negra Modelo A tried and true beverage. Never misses. The perfect starter while I waited for my friends to show up at El Charro on Hwy 99 near SeaTac. My plate of pollo asada was nothing special but the beer and the company were absolutely stellar.

No comments: