Like us?

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Saturday Beer - Glam

Unused to drinking at home but unable to drink out every night (believe it or not), I finally explored the beer aisle at my neighborhood Thriftway. Not bad. Lots to choose from. Including the six pack of Wee Heavy I picked up.

So now I have a bevvy on bevvies in stock at home. What a concept.

Last night I popped the cap on a Young's Special Londan Ale. At first glance, it was a beautiful beer, deep honey in color. The flavor, initially was intriguing. Something toasty like roast pumpkin seeds or freshly opened jar of flax seed. Overall, however, the Young's couldn't keep my attention. Losing its chill didn't help it any and, with virtually no head nor effervescence, it didn't have a single quality to keep my pallet engaged.

Really not so Special after all.
.

No comments: