Like us?

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Yesterday was a Good Week for Beer - Glam

This week was full of pleasant surprises, of the beverage variety and otherwise...

There was the frosty cold bottle of Warsteiner Premium Verum "naturally brewed according to the German Purity Law". (Do we need to mention Hitler again?) This beer was not unpleasant. That's about all I can think to say about it.

The last of the ales from the Pocono Six Pack Fairy was quaffed this week. The Blonde Ale. Thanks Alpine Trout.

Ooh! The next day I had the great pleasure of savoring an Abita Amber. Also a gift from Trout and I told him before, so good I wanted to cry. Oh, and Trout, thanks for not not needing me to come up and post bail for you that night.

Yesterday, I properly got caught up on my brews. At lunch I had a Boundary Bay Scotch Ale. Malty, rich brown, full flavor and body, a little molasses-y. SO GOOD. And then, in honor of my lunch date, I had an Arrogant Bastard. Also a winner! And, unlike Hoegaarten and micro-brew porter, the Boundary Bay ale and the Arrogant Bastard accompanied each other beautifully. Here's a funny little animation perfectly illustrating the spirit of Arrogant Bastard.

There was some slap and tickle on the way back from lunch but I'll spare the details. The "work" day ended with a round of Mike's Hards with my co-worx lady friends. Flavor? Crisp Apple. Although it looked like cider, it tasted exactly like green apple Jolly Rancher. Not suited to my pallet. Here's the link to Mike's Hard. It's a very busy website sure to appeal to the 12-18 demographic.

And, as yesterday was the holiest of the high holidays, I capped off the evening with a fully packed pipe, pizza left over from lunch, and a viewing of Grandma's Boy followed by Smokin' Aces. (Both HIGHLY recommended!) If that's not a goddamn perfect day, I don't know what is.
.

2 comments:

n8 b said...

Hope you had a wonderful Friday!!!!=O

Glam said...

It was just a typical day of glam.

Your whole weekends sounds like a rocker! Way to go.