Like us?

Friday, April 13, 2007

Dad's Birthday

The 11th was pretty mellow, except I found that I have had every single kind of beer that they have at the bowling alley, so I had a 32oz bud and a 32oz michelob ultra cause I was thirsty. Then I went home and had a regular Michelob and crossed that off the list. I bought my first bowling ball this week, and improved on my average by about 20 pins each of the first two games, then bombed the 3rd game. But my ball is crimson and grey, so I got that going for me.

The 12th was Dad's birthday. So I let him take me golfing and buy me lunch and a couple beers. They had a cerveza called Bahia Lager, which was kind of close to sol and the other lighter mexican beers. It was good, and a good way to start off some golf in kind of rainy weather. Then I tried my hardest to let my Dad win for his birthday, but he was just putting horribly so I beat him by a few shots instead. The I had a McEwan's Scotch Ale. It was strong enough that I could feel just one beer going to my head. Plus I don't think I am a big scotch ale fan, but it was okay I guess.

But I did share a 22oz of Rogue Dad's Little Helper with him that I had been saving for his birthday. Then I was out of choices since all the beers my parents had are ones I have already crossed off, so I had a pacifico, a couple really good glasses of wine, a really good white russian with starbucks coffee liquor, carmel, cream, and butterscotch liquor, and vodka...and proceeded to go to sleep about 9:00 last night. It was nice. Plus I got my dad a 15 year old bottle of scotch, so I have a glass of that to look foward to next time I am over there.

3 comments:

Gus said...

And I wrote the beers down on a napkin and didn't lose it, so I got that ability that Dicko doesn't have, plus being able to beat him at raquetball, which is nice.

Dicko said...

Damn it gus, you can't beat me at racquetball. You can keep bar napkins safer than I can, I'll admit that. Of course thats because when you hit on girls at the bar, they give you a fake number on a napkin. You had a lot of practice saving those napkins. When I hit on a girl at the bar, they come home with me, then write their number on a napkin in the morning at my place, then I throw it away.

Gus said...

Liar.

on both accounts.