Like us?

Sunday, April 29, 2007

romantic shmamantic

So Abby and I went to the Columbia Gorge hotel. We saw the sights, took some cool pictures, saw waterfalls and beautiful views, stayed at a magnificent hotel, had free champagne, really good burgers, shrimp, yada yada yada. But more importantly we went to the Full Sail Brewery, plus they had some full sail beers and others on tap at the hotel. I had a full sail amber while Abby was getting a massage, and then realized I had already checked this one off, so immediately had the Full Sail Ice Axe IPA and an Alaskan Smoked Porter to make up for my mistake.

After that we hit the brewery since the Bite of Portland in Hood River was cash or check only and I don't carry $70 cash around with me usually (seriously, no credit cards? Fuck that shit) But the brewery was better and cheaper, so I enjoyed the Wassail Winter Ale and the Top Sail Imperial Porter, as well as played rock/paper/scissors on the bottom of some sessions bottle caps, and then bought a few 22s to take home and did a little mix and match at Safeway before going back to the hotel. I also enjoyed a few more free tastes at the bar (all bars should do this) and had my first $10 beer, a Saison Dupont (which if that's how much it costs to get a belgium beer I actually like, fuck em) so all in all a great couple days.

Then for today, Nate treated me to a 24oz Kirin Ichiban during wiffleball, which was smooth as always. Then when I finally got home after the long weekend, a Lost Coast 8 Ball Stout really hit the spot. Now its time for bed. Nothing quite like your head hitting your own pillow after being gone a night or two.

1 comment:

n8 b said...

A $10 beer? Did it have scotch in it?