Like us?

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Nate's Beers #49 thru 53

Sorry I've been super lazy as of late. It just seems like I don't have the time to sit down and post about each and every beer. And quite frankly I'm running out of things to say about every different beer. So here's a quick recap of where I'm at...

Thursday, April 5th (Beer #49)
Last Thursday I went and had sushi with some friends. The normal place we go to just hired a new sushi chef and I was a little disappointed. It all tasted great, it just wasn't what I was expecting. But the sake bombs on the other hand, always good. I also drank some Kirin Ichiban but since I've already counted that I need something else for the day. So I fell back to the old reliable standby, Budweiser a.k.a. the King of Beers.

Friday, April 6th (Beer #50)
Friday I arrived home to notice that Dr. Bert was kind enough to go pick up some new brews. So I decided to try the Fiddler's Green Blonde. I had never heard of this brewery before and now I know why. It's not that the beer was bad, it just wasn't amazing. I think I may be turning into a beer snob.

Saturday, April 7th (Beer #51)
After a very nice day of disc golf I headed up to Longview to watch the UFC at Hewey's house. There were some great fights but I'm a little upset that St. Pierre got the shit kicked out of him. After the fights I enjoyed some Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale during a game of presidents and assholes (which I dominated like usual).

Sunday, April 8th (Beer #52)
Very Early Easter Sunday (1 AM) I enjoyed another of the Deschutes brews. This time I went with the Inversion IPA. It was pretty tasty but I was also pretty drunk at the time. Another tasting is definitely in order.

Monday, April 9th (Beer #53)
Last night I enjoyed some George Killian's Irish Red during a wiffleball game at Jones Field. It was some very good beer and the game wasn't half bad either.
Speaking of wiffleball (amazing huh?) I will be up in the Seattle area sometime in the second week of July for a wiffleball tourney. I'm thinking I may have to hook up with Dicko, the Goat and Trout for some Manny's. What do you guys say?

4 comments:

Gus said...

oooh, take me with you.

n8 b said...

I would, but you suck at wiffle...


BURN!

Gus said...

Fuck all that noise Silent Bob. A 22oz says I hit better than in you in the next game.

n8 b said...

Well since you won't even be there in the next game, I'll stop by and pick up my 22 after work. Easiest. Bet. Ever.