Like us?

Monday, April 9, 2007

The Sonics Dancers are Hot




I was always wondering if they looked better from a distance, but I scored a front row ticket tonight (right behind the VIP section), and I've got to hand it to them... At least when you're up close, the dancers distract you from the Sonics getting their ass kicked by Yao Ming and Co.

Key Arena is the only place I know of where you can get Pyramid Full Court Amber, so I had a few of those, then finished it off with some unknown macro that I stole from a coworker in the seat next to me when he got up to do whatever the hell he did for the entire 3rd and half of the 4th (after finally showing up for the game at half time, drunk off his ass). He almost got kicked out as it was. If he had drank that beer, he probably would have been arrested, so I did him a favor.

Since my last report, I've had Harbin Lager from China, Abbey du Val-Dieu Blond and Triple Ales from Belgium, as well as Bottleworks 8th Anniversary 140 Shilling Scotch Ale that they had specially brewed for them in beautiful Port Townsend, WA (a 22oz bottle at a mere 10.4%). That's all for now. 312 days to go...

3 comments:

Gus said...

pyramid full court. Is it the same as curveball at safeco? I'm gonna have to add this to the list and see if I can find some.

AlpineTrout said...

No, it's not the same as Curve Ball Kolsch, it's an amber ale. Curve Ball is Pyramid's summer seasonal and is available in bottles. As far as I know, Full Court is a Key Arena exclusive. In fact, I can't even confirm that it's a Pyramid brew other than from secondhand info on ratebeer.com.

Gus said...

Shit, the season is almost over. I may not get one of these beauties...