Like us?

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Beer, sweet nectar of the gods

better known as "The quest, part C."


So what would you do if you were in Newport with no commitments? Me too, I drank all day. A Fish Tale IPA organic (the least bad of the organics) with a light early lunch, a Steelhead Extra Pale with the seafood platter at lunch, then onto the Rogue brewery.

The Rogue Brewery was a wonderful trip. Abby got the taster, 4 generous sized taster glasses of the Oregon Golden, the Honey Orange Wheat, the Juniper Ale, and the Hazelnut Brown for me. All 4 of these were good, but didn't count because they were only 2 or 3 ounces and Abby drank 2 of them. Two would count, but no go on the one taster. I of course had to get a pint too, and the Dry Irish Stout was no slouch, priming me for the wonderful tour we were about to go on. We also got free tastes of the Saint Rogue Red, followed by a free pint on the tour of the same, so this was my second Rogue beer of the day. At the end of the tour, we were asked to join Rogue Nation, and in order to join you needed a beer to toast, to which I responded by downing my beer and proclaiming I was out, and was treated to a cup of Kells Irish Lager, which was equally as wonderful, especially since it was free. I also got all of you a surprise, which I will give to you guys when I see you and get your sixers I won...I will have to mail Emily's.

Then it was back to the hotel while I could still drive and a Bass Pale ale at dinner accompanied by another siletz oatmeal stout watching Florida win, a Wolavers IPA and Wolavers Pale, both organics and both very mediocre, a new belgium springboard, and finished up with a Stone Mille Pale organic at the end of the day listening to the waves crash on the shore. Wonderful.

No comments: