Like us?

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

new posting schedule

yeah, so flipping your life upside down with a new job and all that means a somewhat altered posting schedule for me. As in, instead of at work every day, we are looking at more like at home when I remember. So here goes for the last few days.

Wednesday was a Pyramid Curve Ball and a few already checked off beers at the last Blazer game of the season, including an after party celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Blazer Championship in 77. Beer is not cheap at Blazer games, and although I was happy to see my regular beer stand take my advice and bring in something new for me to try, this was the last new beer at the stadium, and probably okay that the season is over at $8 a fucking beer (like Glam said).

Thursday was my last day at the Bank and a few co-workers and my CEO treated me to a couple pitchers of domestic already checked off, which was nice. I wish we could have done that kind of stuff more often, but everyone is busy these days, so what can you do. I made a pitstop at the wiffleball field for the first time this season, and after a free Miller High Life (thanks Jones) and some batting practice, I am ready for my first game sometime this week. I also had a Pete's Wanderlust Cream Ale before heading to the bar, as well as a Pike Kilt Lifter (love this beer) after I got home, so all in all a pretty good day.

Then I had to get up at 7:00 for a golf tournament on my one day off I was taking before switching jobs. I know, I know, rough day huh? But it was beautiful, and the tournament had carts with kegs of Fat Tire, so I didn't cross off any beers until a Henry's Blonde Ale that night, and didn't cross off any at all Saturday cause all I had was henry's and wine. But Alex and I tied for 1st in the scramble and won $50 each along with Josh and Steve who works with Alex and sprung for the tournament (thanks Steve), then our volleyball team moved up and took 4th in Silver at Regionals over the weekend (12th out of 94 teams) so all in all it was a good weekend. I even managed to have a Lagunita's Brown Shugga when I got home Sunday, so wasn't a complete slacker. And that beer is good. If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up.

And last of all, today was a nice 22 of Rogue Sea Horse Pale Ale. It was alright and I would drink it again, but not for $5 when other good pales range from $2-4 in comparison. I also passed out on the couch to Star Wars and a Pike Pale Ale, which was good, and the comfy couch after my first day at the Credit Union are the reason for me typing this at 12:15 instead of 9:45 like I intended...

No comments: