Like us?

Friday, April 27, 2007

Nate's Beer #70

Last night I discovered a new brewery that I really enjoy. It is the Lucky Labrador Brewery located on 9th & Hawthorne in byootiful PDX. My buddy from high school, Bronson, was in town from Yakima (the Palm Springs of Washington) and we met up with our other good friend Brandon.
We met up right outside the back entrance and I immediately thought that this place is something special. The brewery itself is housed in an older warehouse and they have a nice little covered area out back with picnic tables. Well since the brewery is named after a dog, and Portland is a very dog-friendly city, dogs were allowed in the back area.
We made our way through the dogs and inside to the bar to order some drinks. I decided to go with a sampler and checked out the Quality Rye, Super Dog amber, Got Hops? IPA, Black Lab Stout and Oatmeal Porter. They were all fucking delicious. After those I sampled a little bit of Bronson's hummus (okay a lot of the hummus) and sampled off of the pitcher they were splitting (Ludwig's Alt ale).
Shortly there after we were met by more friends (Peter, Azure, Dr. Bert, Erik W., Matt, Carlos & Joy) and we proceeded to drink numerous pitchers. Most of the group has ties to Longview somehow so it was nice to sit around and drink good beer and catch up.
Over the course of the evening people started leaving to go home. Around 11.30 it was Bronson, Brandon, Carlos, Joy and I left and we started talking about some steak and some boobies. That's right, the Acropolis. For some reason I decided not to go, but to instead head home and get at least a little sleep before work today.
It was probably a good idea since I was still drunk when I woke up. At about 11 this morning the hangover started to hit. It's been a rough afternoon, wish me luck.

Have a great weekend everybody!

3 comments:

Glam said...

Dude! The Acropolis?? Trout totally OWNS that place.

Gus said...

yeah, nate couldn't even finish his lunch. hurting unit...

Glam said...

He eats with his unit? That's a pretty good trick.