Like us?

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Uh...where was I? - Glam

Hmm...it was a rather drinky week. But, for the life of me, I can only recall two new beers.

I'll have to think about this, dig through my purse for the little scraps of paper I write beer information on, rifle through the empty bottle archive (recycle bin), and get back to you.

This week included bloody marys, lemon drops, gin & tonics...and that was just Tuesday. There were also quite a few beers I'd had before. Dick's Danger Ale (yum yum), Skull Creek Lager, the ever perfect Manny's. Thanks go, respectively, to Trout, the Pirate, and Dicko.

The two new beers memorable enough to remember were New Belgium Brewing Co's Mothership Wit (which is organic or wind powered or some shit) and the kissably soft Modelo Especial.

The witbier was perfectly delightful, emphasis on the light. Light and dry, a nice combination. The problem is, Trout was kind enough to follow it up with a couple of Dicks [insert off-color comment here] and that Danger All is just soooo goooood, all other beverages that day quickly receded into dim memory.

It's no secret I love the Negra Modelo and I hold the Especial equally dear. But you know what else I love about the Modelo's? The bottle. If you know me, you know I "talk with my hands" like some kind of crazy, cartoon Italian. The squat, low center of gravity Modelo bottles are a god send to someone like me who has knocked over more than her fair share of long necked beers.

2 comments:

n8 b said...

Lemon Drops sound delish...

Yes the Mothershit Wit was very good and the Dick's Danger was outstanding. Nice choices....

Gus said...

hmmmm, you know its good because its especial...