Like us?

Friday, April 6, 2007

On a quest part deux

So there I am, checked into my new fancy hotel at the beach in Newport looking out at the ocean, and thinking, man I could use a beer. So without even changing or anything, off to the hotel restaurant it was for some outstanding NW Paella for me (the special, oooohh, with shrimp, clams, oysters, sausage, chicken, veggies, all over spicy rice) and some crab stuffed prawns for Abby, and a couple beers from Siletz brewing outside Newport, the Amber and the Oatmeal stout. I know I have said I haven't been diggin the ambers lately, but this one was good.

These good examples also prompted me to pick up a sixer of 22s at the local market before I headed home, and here is the Siletz brewery link for those of you interested. There is a barleywine for Nate, which I plan to get along with the imperial porter if I can get back down to Newport to visit again. (There is a Brewers fest Mid-May at Rogue for those of you interested. Celebrating the life of the brewer's dog named Brewer, and a new beer released in the dogs honor who passed away.) The Siletz stout was worth trying if you like the dark beers. I actually had anther one the next day while watching Florida win me beers from you guys. (Emily, you can just send money. Email me and I will send you the address. eguttormsen@comcast.net) I also had a Fish tale organic Amber before bed, and absolutely hate this beer as well as organics and could barely get myself to finish it. Organics suck, and seeing as I brought 4 or 5 with me, you will here this again in the next few posts...

No comments: