Like us?

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Still drinkin

The Quest, part Quatro

No one else is posting, and it is raining when I planned to go golfing, so onto the next day, Tuesday. It was off to the Oregon Aquarium for some pictures to show Abby's class (3rd graders) and then back to Rogue and a trip to the local Albertsons for a few beer purchases...

There is some Siletz and some Rogue 22z to keep the other beers in my fridge company. Lunch at Rogue was good as well, as they make a great burger. I had the 10,000 Brew, a special release Imperial, then the Russian Imperial Stout. All the imperials (the XS series) are described as too much of one thing. Way too much hops, way too bitter, way too strong, etc. and they were wonderful. Then it was back to the beach and the decision to stay in Lincoln City for a night, which allowed me to find some dinner and their only beer on the menu I hadn't had yet was the Rogue Hazelnut Brown I tasted the day before, so that was my choice. And I love this beer. A lot. If you look closely you can see that in the 24 22s above, all of them are new beers, except I slipped in a Hazelnut Brown. It's that good. Then I finished the night with another Springboard, and a New Belgium Trippel. I realized I don't like belgian beers very much. They are right up there with Ambers for me right now. I'll drink em, but only cause I am drinking as many different beers as I can in a year.

No comments: