Like us?

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Time to Build a Kegerator!

So yesterday I received three boxes of draft beer goodness from Fed Ex in the form of my kegerator kit.  Two 5 gallon corny kegs, a five pound CO2 tank, two through-the-door shanks with faucets and all of the hookups are now sitting on my living room floor just ready to be put to use.  I'm hoping here in the next few weeks I'll be able to pour myself a nice, cold one anytime I want.

In addition to my kegerator parts showing up I also picked up the fridge from my good friend Matt Jones.  Matt Jones happens to be the drummer for the Dead Giveaways, a local punk rock group, and his old beer fridge shows off his love of music in the form of a heavily-stickered door.  In doing some measurements last night it unfortunately looks like one of the tap-shanks will be going right through the Neil Diamond sticker, damn it!  I may do some re-arranging to see if I can save any of the stickers. 

So it looks like tonight will be the night that I put it all together.  My first keg is going to be filled with some delicious CCWA NWPA that is just waiting in the secondary fermenter.  Keg #2 will be filled with the Stormtrooper Imperial IPA sometime towards the end of next week.  I believe that we'll be transferring the Stormtrooper soon and adding the hops for the dry-hop so it'll be ready to keg.  I plan of force carbonating the second keg and will hopefully have both taps flowing for L-Town Brewing's inaugural tasting party.

We're also planning on brewing three to four beers here in the next couple of weeks.  I'm hoping I can talk Gus into a possible double brew day here in the near future.  Next on our plate is the St. Helens Stout followed by either the Apocalypso, Erik for President (a Beer for the People!) or Abby's Hefeweizen.  It should be a very good beer drinking Summer.

1 comment: