Like us?

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Kegerator Completed!



Inside the Kegerator
  Last night my good friend Doug stopped by to help me put the kegerator together.  Mission accomplished! 

We had to do a few minor alterations to the fridge to allow the kegs to fit inside snugly.  We started by cutting the shelving out of the inside of the doors but neither of us really liked how that turned out.  So we decided to cut most of the panel that was inside the door completely out.  Much better.

Door Taps a.k.a. Beer Dispensers!

After we got the inside of the fridge finished we started measuring out where the taps would go.  We put them fourteen inches apart on center.  That way if I ever decided to add a third keg to the fridge we can just put the new tap right in the middle.

It is a great feeling having a kegerator sitting right there in my living room.  It will be an even greater feeling when there is beer in it.  We should be kegging the NWPA tonight and transferring the IIPA into the secondary to dry-hop.  By next weekend I should have two beers on tap!  Very nice!

3 comments:

James said...

Looks awesome! Can't wait to try some off tap. Don't forget the drip trays. The basic faucets tend to drip a bit after each pour.

n8 b said...

I've got some buddies that work at a local sheet metal shop and I'm trying to have them build me a drip tray. I looked online a little bit but didn't feel like dropping $100 on one. Any ideas where I can find one for a decent price?

James said...

Nope, had my brother weld one up for me. If I see anything, I will let you know!