Like us?

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's Brew Day!


Today Gus and I will be brewing batch number five, six if you include the Apfelwein, which will be our first stout!  L-Town Brewery's stout will be named after one of the most famous volcanoes in history, Mt. St. Helens.  Mt. St. Helens is about a 90 minute drive away from Longview and both Gus and I have been up there on numerous occasions.  Our homage to the mountain will end up being as dark as the ash-filled sky on May 18th, 1980 and should have a very smooth finish with a hint of vanilla.  I'm extremely excited for brew day and for our first attempt at a stout.

1 comment:

James said...

Awesome! I am brewing a stout tonight as well!! It will be a version of my Double Chocolate Imperial Oatmeal Stout, instead of 11% ABV it will be around 8%. I need to have one on tap!