Like us?

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Add More Hops!

We've been talking about brewing batch number four and have been throwing around a couple of ideas and this is what we've settled on.  Stormtrooper Imperial IPA will be straight up hops kicking you in your mouth.  With eight ounces of hops added throughout the boil and dry-hop this beer will be sure to please any hophead.  It should weigh in at roughly 7.6% ABV with 106 IBUs. 

Gus and I plan on brewing this batch sometime this week and kegging it after a few weeks in the fermenter.  We're also bottling our Beach Dog Brown and Sacajawea Pale this week so it should be a busy week.  I'm really looking forward to brewing the Stormtrooper just because I love the smell of hops.

In other beer news, I should have in my possession the parts for my kegerator build by the weekend.  I'm hoping to get everything put together sometime next week and having an operational kegerator filled with CCWA NWPA and Stormtrooper IIPA by the end of the month.  I'll be sure to post some pictures of the kegerator build after it's complete.    

No comments: