Like us?

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Rubinator

Leaving the Blazer game midway through the 4th (thanks to the absolute drubbing they were putting on Charlotte) I had time to stop by McMenamin's White Eagle. There was a band playing as always and made me pine for my younger days when it used to be common to stop there or Widmer for a beer after games.

I also found a few fun facts on the McMenamin's Beer Blog like the fact that their Terminator Stout was 25 years old in 2010 and Hammerhead was 25 in 2011. We of course missed those cool anniversary parties, but I am going to have my own party. I bought a couple 22s of Ruby and Terminator and plan to make Rubinators before the Superbowl. I didn't get any hammerhead but will have to grab a few on my next trip. The reason I didn't get any is because I was able to snatch up the last two 22s of Kris Kringle they had down in the basement (okay, I was told they were the last two but I am not naive enough to believe 100% they were the last two, but I assume they are almost out) and I plan to drink one tonight while ordering our first couple batches of bottle caps.

I also had a Laurelwood Espresso Stout at the Blazer game last night. In case I haven't said it before, thank you Laurelwood for having a pub in the Rose Garden. I love Widmer, but all they serve is Hefe and Droptop, or Hefe and Drifter, and those get old, especially at $9/beer.

And lastly, thank you to the Blazers for scoring over 100 last night for more free Chalupa coupons from Taco Bell. I wonder if Charlotte does that promotion. If they do it's probably score 100 and everyone gets a free car. Because they are horrible.

1 comment:

n8 b said...

The Kris Kringle was very good, thanks for sharing Gus. The Sleigh'r and multiple varieties of Guinness was also good. Thanks again!