Like us?

Friday, May 25, 2007

whoops

Going down the list, I just realized I forgot to mark off the Schmidt's I had last month during wiffleball. My dad had been saving this bad boy from a party 2 to 5 years ago, and every party or BBQ it makes it into the bucket of ice, and then after the party it makes it back into the fridge. So I finally liberated it from it's icy hell and had it while getting ready for wiffleball on the 11th last month. And you wouldn't f'in believe it, but it wasn't half bad. I want to know what technology Schmidt's uses to make shitty beer into mediocre beer if you chill it for 5 years, and then take that technology and conquor the world.

As for today, I had a nice fat 22 of Rogue Chipotle Ale before going bowling, a big 32 of bud while bowling, then back home to finally try the Black and Tan I have been saving some guinness and harps for. And it worked. And it was good. Of course, it's only 8:50 and I'm not going anywhere this weekend except back to the bowling alley to try and win more money, then probably to Pirates movie, some wiffleball, and maybe see Hot Fuzz at the theatre pub, so I will probably have many more beers to add over the next few days.

P.S. I am going to pass 250 different beers tomorrow or Sunday. So I am about 150 ahead by Trout and Nate's count. So I got that going for me, which is nice. The down side is the only beers left at Freddy's that I haven't had cost either 6 bucks for a fuckin case, or 6 bucks a bottle. Time for a trip to Belmont station, as I only have about 30 beers left in my fridge...

yep, only 8:50, so I had another, a Genesee Cream Ale from High Falls Brewing. Smokin Aces is a good movie too. It went well with the pizza and genesse.

No comments: