Like us?

Monday, May 7, 2007

Nate's Beers #77-80

Beer #77 (Thursday)- I got home from work and cracked up a Firehouse 5 Steam Pumper IPA. I don't know what the deal is but I've been on one helluva IPA kick lately. And I've come to the realization that Steam Pumper IPA just may be the same stuff as Pizza Schmizza's IPA and Harvey Comedy Club's IPA. Since it's brewed by Portland Brewing I think I may be on to something here. More. Research. Needed.

Beer #78 (Friday)- As I was heading home to Portland my buddy Jack called and asked me if I'd like to join him for some disc golf and Pier Park. I said "fuck yeah" and made my way home, changed, grabbed my discs and some brews and made my way out to the park. I enjoyed a Fiddler's Green IPA (another one!) and followed that up with a couple of Broken Halos. Afterwards we headed back to Jack's were we enjoyed some Heines and a little chat with the coach.

Beer #79 (Saturday)- After Gus and I dominated at wiffleball (we're now 10-0) I made my way back up to Longview for a little Cinco de Drinko action. I stopped by the Guttormsen resident and had a Corona with Erik. After that we started in on my fifth of Milagro tequila. Over the course of the evening I would go on to finish said fifth. Good times (from what I remember)!

Beer #80 (Sunday)- Last night while sitting around watching TV I cracked open a brewski I had been saving for a while. It was a wonderful New Belgium 2 Below. Just like the other New Belgium brew's, it was delicious. I can't wait for Summer to get here and bring the lovely Skinny Dip seasonal with it....

1 comment:

Gus said...

I know I shouldn't be jealous since I also was drinking delicious beers, even a few with you, I am still jealous because I haven't had a few of those yet.

And your idea about Portland brewing could be right on. They make a shit ton of beers, and they all seem to be very similar. hmmmm.