Like us?

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Nate's Beer #85

Last Friday night we had another set of wiffleball games. Since I had to come into Longview on Saturday to go to a wedding, Erik rode down to Portland with me after work for some wiffle action. We were facing the mighty Woodstock Unicorns and ended up winning both games by a combined score of 28-0. We're that good.
After our games we decided we should celebrate with some beers. We decided to make our first stop the wonderful Laurelwood Brewery were Ed, Erik and I all enjoyed some Mother Lode golden ale and some Boss IPA. Both were very good. While we were at Laurelwood Ed got a call from our friends Jack & Bunny who were hanging out at a little bar called Moon & Sixpence. We decided to meet them there and were on our way.
When we arrived at Moon & Sixpence the first thing we all noticed was there wonderful beer list. There were numerous beers that none of us had ever heard of. It was around this time that I recalled Erik talking about the $10 beer that he had earlier. What made me think of this was the Dogfish Head Imperial Pilsner that they had listed at $14. I asked the waitress if it had scotch in it. I decided why not and ordered up the $14 brewski. When it arrived I noticed the name on the bottle was left off of the menu (and for good reason). What I had ordered was a 25.4 oz bottle of Golden Shower.
I thought it was named appropriately....

1 comment:

Gus said...

I liked it, and I don't like the new playboys with all the pissin, so go figure....