Like us?

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Stouts bubbling baby, go ahead baby

The stout is brewed and bubbling nicely.

And the stormtrooper is still bubbling. Crazy. Apparently we should have used double yeast or something. Interesting to see whether the Stout bubbles for multiple weeks in the primary too.

And here's a couple fun pictures from last weekend. Tasters at the Wet Dog in Astoria, which makes a mean Old Red Beard Amber.

I also added a picture of my son and I at Rogue Public House in Astoria to the left down at the bottom.

And I also have a picture of the Stout brewing away. It seriously smelled and looked like coffee before we added the hops. Crazy Dark.

And lastly my happy fridge after another successful trip to Hop N Grape. There are some beauties in there, including the line up of super expensive oversized and undersized beers from Rogue. I can't wait...

2 comments:

n8 b said...

Since the stout doesn't have as high a gravity as the IIPA it should only ferment for 7-10 days.

James said...

If you pitch the proper yeast rate, vigorous fermentation usually happens faster than that. What was the OG? Did you actually measure?