Like us?

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

MIA due to NCAA

I may be MIA a few days due to being off to watch the NCAA games. Or I may be back Friday since I will be home watching the games and trying more beers. Who knows.

I had some tasty beers last night at Hop N Grape, including the 11% Choklat Imperial Stout by Southern Tier. Their beers are spendy, but they are worth it. I may have to grab some more 22s once my fridge thins out a little. I have a bottle of the Pumpking in there and I really hope it is good because there are only a few good pumpkin beers out there and I love the good ones. I also had a Georgetown brew, the Lucille, which was super hoppy. And a small glass of the Stone Old Guardian Barleywine because it was so strong they only serve tasters. But that is nice because it saves me buying a pretty expensive 22. And a taste of the Oakshire Overcast Espresso Stout. I will taste that one again to make enough ounces to qualify to check it off the list. I know Garrett has had a few of their beers since we used the empty 22s to bottle with, and says they are great. Including the Ill Tempered Gnome which I want to try.

And I also had a taste of Dan's favorite beer from Laughing Dog, the Alpha Dog. One of the best IPAs I have had, very smooth, and I plan to go buy a few 22s of this stuff. It look like they make a lot of IPAs from their website and I have two others in my fridge still to try, so I've got that going for me, which is nice. That puts me at 665 beers according to my list, so I am doing okay in my quest for Barry Bonds record. Chris suggested last night I go for a thousand, which will be a nice goal to shoot for next after Barry Bond's record. Although I will have to be scouring beer stores once I get to that 900 beer range I think. Or drinking crap beer. Save that for softball/wiffleball season...

No comments: