Like us?

Friday, March 30, 2012

basketball and beers

Basketball and Beers go together nicely. Like Golf and Beers. And Baseball and Beers. And Football and beers. And....I sense a pattern. I think I like sports.

The Blazer game was a lot of fun last night. I have season tickets but get so busy that I sell a lot of the tickets. But last night my dad and I watched the Blazers run it up right at the end to win a close game against the Hornets. It's the end of the short season, with injuries on most teams, and tons of trades in the last few weeks, but the game was still fun. I also got to enjoy ragging on Raymond Felton since I threw into my fantasy starting lineup this week because "he has been averaging 16+ ppg and 7+ apg since the interim coach took over. Well he took Tuesday off for family reasons and although he scored a double double last night, I still wasn't happy since I was expecting 32 and 14 so far this week and have 12 and 10 I think. Not to shabby, but indicative of my fall from 7-1 this season to 7-6 with another loss looming this week. Plus I had a Space Stout from Laurelwood and it was great. Adding that to my list and finding a New Belgium beer online that was missing from my list and realizing I forgot to check off the Cocoa Mole, I am now at 686. Good times. Tonight I go for 690. And this weekend or early next week, 700!

But all will be better. I am finally playing fantasy baseball again this year, after a little inspiration from reading Mulgrew's book and his love of the only sport he tried, and his constant self back patting about how good he is at fantasy baseball. I haven't followed much baseball the past few years, but I look forward to getting back into it. I recognize a handful of people off the ESPN cheatsheets, but trying to figure out if they will let me pick McGwire and Canseco on the same team so I can reunite the bash brothers. Maybe Sosa. Maybe Bonds. We'll see how it goes.

And hopefully playing some wiffleball. We were the Phillies last year (something else Mulgrew would appreciate), but with team additions this year are converting to the Lumberjacks since most of the team is from Nate's high school. I think my flex fit L/XL Phillies cap is my favorite hat since they finally made flex fit for big heads. Or was until I got the same size cap from Fort George Brewing.

No comments: