Like us?

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Do You Voodoo?


 Last night I was fortunate enough to try Rogue's new limited edition beer that honors Portland's own Voodoo Doughnuts.  This beer was made to replicate Voodoo's ground breaking maple bacon bar, which is just like it sounds a maple bar with bacon on top of it.  I used to frequent Voodoo Doughnuts when I lived in Portland and nine times out of ten I ended up going with the maple bacon bar so I was pumped to see Rogue honor it with a beer.

I had heard mixed reviews from some friends that had already tried the beer so I was a little skeptical on how much I would actually enjoy it.  The smokiness of the beer jumped out on my very first taste and left behind a hint of maple sweetness.  The maple and smoke flavors were not overpowering though and actually went together very well.  I enjoyed this beer very much and would like to try it again in the future.  If you're a fan of smoke flavored beers you owe it to yourself to try this one before it's gone.

No comments: