Like us?

Friday, March 23, 2012

Weekend of Beer

Sorry to both of our readers for my lack of posts this week.  I started a post about my visit to Lucky Lab last weekend but couldn't seem to get any pictures to show up so I scratched it.  Oh well, maybe next week I'll get it posted.

So this weekend should be an extremely busy one for Gus and I.  Tonight we're planning on kegging the Stormtrooper Imperial IPA and bottling the St. Helens Stout, Erik for President APA, Erik for Emperor APA and possibly even the Apfelwein if we don't run out of time.  I'm pumped for three weeks from now when we'll be able to sample four new LTB beers.  I should have the Stormtrooper force-carbed and ready to drink by Tuesday, it's going to be hop-tastic!

Saturday Fort George Brewing from Astoria will have some of their crew at Hop & Grape doing an All-Grain brewing demonstration.  Since we've been extract only at this point we figured it would be a great learning experience.  I can see Gus and I going All-Grain within the next couple of weeks (hello 10 gallon batches!).  Fort George will also be bringing some tasty beverages for us to try.  I'm looking forward to finally tasting their bourbon barrel aged Cavatica stout.  I tried to grab a pint a few weeks ago at H&G but the keg kicked on the pint before mine.

Sunday we're planning on brewing at least one batch (the ever elusive Top Secret Ale) and possibly brewing up the Apocalypso.  Before we start brewing we will be picking up the new L-Town Brewing All-Grain rig and moving it to the LTB Brewhaus.  I'm hoping we'll have some pictures to post early next week of the setup and all of the extra goodies we're acquiring. 

All in all it should be a great weekend filled with beers, beers and more beers.  Have a great weekend you guys (both of you!).

No comments: