Like us?

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I'm coming for you babe

My dad had a box of New Belgium in the fridge, so I got to try Dig, their new spring beer.  I also had another Southern Oregon Beer Monday night, the Pin-Up Porter, which was good.  I would drink both those again.  And last night I had the Wilco Tango Foxtrot, A Malty Robust Jobless Recovery Ale by Lagunitas.  It was copper and it was pretty good also.  Plus the label was funny, and they always do a good job of that.  I believe the name was fighter pilot code for WTF, as in WTF is going on with this economy.

And with those beers (and me realizing I had already had another from the fridge I hadn't checked off yet, I am at 752.  Which if my calculations are correct has me three beers short of The Babe's home run record of 755.  I plan to get there before Cinco De Drinko this weekend, since I will be having Mexican beers and limes for two days.

With the beers bubbling nicely, and our first try at re-using the yeast cake from a prior batch working out nicely, this has been a good week for LTB.  I plan to re-use another prior yeast-cake this weekend and try to mess with one of our previous recipes to see what happens.  Wish me luck.

And a quick update with a picture from the Brewvana tour I went on a few weeks back.  This was taken at The Commons in Portland.  I'm way in the back with the Fort George Brewery hat on backwards.

No comments: