Like us?

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The end is coming

Shock Top has a cool opening splash site with an End of the World countdown timer.  Then it says It's The End of the World.  Live Life Unfiltered.  Now I know Shocktop is made by AB, but still, it's not horrible, and I grabbed a couple bottles of their other flavors (raspberry and lemon with spice) from Hop N Grape along with about 14 other beers.  And when I went online I saw they have a Wheat IPA.  I am on the lookout for that now, curious to see what a wheat IPA would taste like.

I went in for a bottle of Unearthly IPA to enjoy tomorrow with the Apocalypso, and couldn't resist loading up on a bunch of 12oz bottles (and a few other 22s) of stuff I haven't had yet and didn't feel like buying six or twelve packs of.  Maybe a little more per bottle, but definitely cheaper than drinking them on tap or buying packs of them.  One of the many upsides of Hop N Grape.  Plus I needed a few empty boxes for 22s.  One could say I have a problem, because my fridge is still overflowing.  And if one said that, one would be correct.

But in addition to adding those to the "ondeck" portion of my list, I found a handful of others I have already had that weren't checked off or weren't on the list.  Shock Top for one, Wild Blue for another, Hop Devil by Victory was another.  So even though I had a Widmer tonight (the spiced IPA is good) that I have already had, I am still at 776 on the list.  Not to shabby, should hit 780+ by this weekend.

No comments: